In this video, staff author Jess Stratton shows users how to enable an advanced feature that allows users to set up an email template that can be sent out with one click.
- [Instructor] Gmail has some fun,…advanced options you can set.…I'm going to show you my favorite,…which is called canned responses.…Click the gear icon and go into settings.…From here change to the advanced tab.…And you can see all the options that you can set.…For example if you don't use the tabbed interface…you can have multiple inboxes in Gmail.…You can turn on and off a preview pane.…And if you prefer the Google Hangouts chat box…on the right side of the inbox you can enable it here.…
I'm going to click enable…on something called canned responses.…Which allows you to create email templates.…I'll enable it and click save changes.…And to get started I'll click compose.…I'm going to first get an email all typed out…but I want to be able to reuse.…Here's my template.…Now I'll click the three dots right…at the very bottom right hand corner…of the email next to the trashcan icon.…I'll hover my mouse over…this new canned responses option that just appeared,…and I'll click new canned response.…
I need to give this a name.…
- Changing themes and inbox types
- Composing and sending messages
- Replying to email
- Inserting images and attachments
- Labeling and filtering email
- Searching for mail
- Adding additional email accounts to Gmail
- Creating contacts and contact groups
- Initiating text and video chats
- Creating autoresponders
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Accessing Gmail on a mobile device
Skill Level Beginner
Google Sheets Essential Trainingwith Sally Norred3h 4m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started with Gmail
2. Send, Read, and Reply to Messages
3. Organize and Search Mail
4. Manage Your Gmail Account and Settings
Explore Gmail settings1m 38s
5. Use Chat
6. Other Gmail Features
7. Keyboard Shortcuts
8. Other Paths to Get to Gmail
Use Gmail offline on Chrome1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.