Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Search your messages, part of Gmail Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Gmail doesn't ever want you to delete your mail…because it's so easy to find your messages…should you ever need them.…That's why they always want you to archive your mail…instead of deleting it.…Because remember, when you archive your mail,…it sits there in the All Mail label…just waiting to be searched.…Let's cover the most basic way…to start searching your email.…Put the cursor in the search bar,…in its most simplest form,…put a word in and see what you get.…You can also put a phrase in.…I'll hit the Enter key on my keyboard,…and I get a search result.…If I click on this email,…the search result words are highlighted in yellow.…
I can click the back arrow to go back to my search results.…I can also see where this email is located…in case I need it later.…For example, this one's in the Inbox,…and it also has the label Cecilia.…There's some more things that I can do.…For example, I can click Show Search Options…and I'll get much more things I can search for.…I can decide where I want to search Gmail,…for example, it defaults to All Mail,…
- Changing themes and inbox types
- Composing and sending messages
- Replying to email
- Inserting images and attachments
- Labeling and filtering email
- Creating filters to automatically process messages
- Adding additional email accounts to Gmail
- Creating contacts and contact groups
- Initiating text and video chats
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Accessing Gmail on a mobile device
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Google Docs and Sheets on iOS First Lookwith Nick Brazzi25m 23s Appropriate for all
1. Get Started with Gmail
Tour the Gmail interface4m 24s
2. Send, Read, and Reply to Messages
3. Organize and Search Mail
4. Manage Your Gmail Account and Settings
5. Work with Contacts
6. Use Chat
7. Google Labs and Other Add-Ons
8. Keyboard Shortcuts
9. Other Paths to Get to Gmail
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.