Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Running the Google Apps Migration tool, part of Migrating from Office 2013 to Google Apps.
- We left off in the last video installing…the Google Apps Migration from Microsoft Outlook tool.…Now it's time to run this tool.…It is important to note that this tool…is for Google Apps for Work users,…although if you're using a free Google account,…there are some things that you can import here.…You can import your contacts and all your…calendar entries from Google Calendar.…However, you'll run into an error message…when you try to import your email.…But I'm gonna show you a work around…for how you can import your email in the next video.…
Let's start the migration.…In the last video,…I showed you how to back up your PST file,…so let's browse to find that.…I'm gonna click from PST file,…I'll browse my system,…and I remember I put it in the Documents folder…and I called it Migration.…I'll click Open to select it.…I can choose whether I want to migrate all data…or only new data, since the last migration that I've done.…I'll click Next.…Here's where I can select the data…that I wish to migrate.…
In this case, because I'm not using…
- Understanding security and storage space on Google Drive
- Uploading and downloading files
- Converting files
- Sharing files with others
- Suggesting edits instead of tracking changes
- Replacing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with Google apps
- Switching from Outlook to Gmail and Google Calendar
- Running the Google Migration
Skill Level Beginner
1. Considerations before Migrating
2. Starting the Migration
3. Working in Google Drive
4. Working with Google Docs
5. Converting Contacts, Calendar, and Email from Outlook
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.