Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Running the Google Apps Migration tool, part of Migrating from Office 2010 to Google Apps.
- It's time to start migrating Outlook data.…Choose a PST file, or in this case a Microsoft Outlook…user profile, I'll keep it at the default of Outlook because…I only have one profile on this computer.…I'll choose to migrate all data, I'll click the next button,…and here is where I decide what I want to migrate.…You can choose calendar, contacts, and email messages.…In this case, I'm going to uncheck email messages…because I'm using the free Gmail account instead of a…Google Apps for work account because in the next video,…I'm going to show you how you can manually migrate your…email if you're also a free Gmail user.…
Click migrate, and your contacts and calendar information…will start to be imported into your Google account.…When it's done, you can click the okay button…on migration completed.…Any failures will be logged,…and you can see those in the migration log file.…I'll click close, and let's go to our Google account…and look for our data.…In Gmail, I'll select contacts…so that I can make sure all my contacts have been imported.…
- Understanding security and storage space on Google Drive
- Uploading and downloading files
- Converting files
- Sharing files with others
- Suggesting edits instead of tracking changes
- Replacing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with Google apps
- Switching from Outlook to Gmail and Google Calendar
- Running the Google Migration
Skill Level Beginner
1. Considerations before Migrating
2. Starting the Migration
3. Working in Google Drive
4. Working with Google Docs
5. Converting Contacts, Calendar, and Email from Outlook
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.