In this video, staff instructor Jess Stratton shows users how to reply and forward an email, and how to work with conversation threads or turn threading off completely in Gmail.
- [Instructor] To read your email, click on it,…and you'll be brought into the body of the email.…At the bottom of every email there's two options.…The first one is Gmail giving you three choices…based on context that it got…in the email that was sent to you.…These three canned responses will change…based on the subject line.…You can choose a response by clicking on it,…it's up to you.…If you don't want to use these, you can click Reply…and start typing your regular replay anyway.…
I'll click the blue Send button…and off it goes.…To get back to the Inbox,…click the arrow on the top left-hand side.…I want to get back to the Inbox…because I'm going to explain a little bit…about how conversation threads work in Gmail.…This is a major part of Gmail.…Let's look at this email here.…It's a conversation thread,…meaning it's a long conversation of replies between people.…Gmail has grouped it together…so we can easily follow the conversation.…In fact, all of my replies are in here as well.…
I know it's a conversation thread…
- Changing themes and inbox types
- Composing and sending messages
- Replying to email
- Inserting images and attachments
- Labeling and filtering email
- Searching for mail
- Adding additional email accounts to Gmail
- Creating contacts and contact groups
- Initiating text and video chats
- Creating autoresponders
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Accessing Gmail on a mobile device
Skill Level Beginner
Google Sheets Essential Trainingwith Sally Norred3h 4m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started with Gmail
2. Send, Read, and Reply to Messages
3. Organize and Search Mail
4. Manage Your Gmail Account and Settings
Explore Gmail settings1m 38s
5. Use Chat
6. Other Gmail Features
7. Keyboard Shortcuts
8. Other Paths to Get to Gmail
Use Gmail offline on Chrome1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.