Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Reply to and forward a message, part of Gmail Essential Training.
- View Offline
- When you're in the Inbox, you can see your incoming mail…displayed with a subject and a short preview…of the message text.…To read your email, click on it,…and you'll be brought into the body of the email.…If it's a long email, you'll have to scroll…all the way to the bottom.…But at the bottom of every email there's a little box…in which you can reply to an email,…or forward it to somebody else.…I'll click Reply, and now I can simply…start typing my reply.…I'll click the blue Send button,…and off it goes.…To get back to the Inbox, click the arrow…in the top left-hand side.…
I wanted to get back to the Inbox, because I'm going to…explain a little bit about how conversation threads…work in Gmail.…This is a major part of Gmail.…This is a conversation thread,…meaning it's a long conversation of replies between people.…Gmail has grouped it together so I can…easily follow the conversation.…In fact, all of my replies are in here as well.…I know it's a conversation thread,…because there's a paranthesized number…beside the people that are involved in the conversation.…
- Changing themes and inbox types
- Composing and sending messages
- Replying to email
- Inserting images and attachments
- Labeling and filtering email
- Creating filters to automatically process messages
- Adding additional email accounts to Gmail
- Creating contacts and contact groups
- Initiating text and video chats
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Accessing Gmail on a mobile device
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Google Docs and Sheets on iOS First Lookwith Nick Brazzi25m 23s Appropriate for all
1. Get Started with Gmail
Tour the Gmail interface4m 24s
2. Send, Read, and Reply to Messages
3. Organize and Search Mail
4. Manage Your Gmail Account and Settings
5. Work with Contacts
6. Use Chat
7. Google Labs and Other Add-Ons
8. Keyboard Shortcuts
9. Other Paths to Get to Gmail
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.