Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigating the Google Drive interface, part of Migrating from Office 2013 to Google Apps.
- Now that we've signed up and have an empty…Google Drive waiting to be migrated to,…let's go over the interface so you'll know what…to expect during the rest of this chapter.…At the top center of the Google Drive screen…is the search bar to search for all your files.…All the way to the right is how you can…access your main Google information.…You can click the down arrow…or an avatar, if you have a profile set up,…and access your Google profile and account.…You can also join a Google Plus page if you want to.…This will contain security settings in other global…Google preferences across all your products.…
You can also access all other Google products…by clicking on the thumbnail icon.…This will take you to all the other…Google Apps that you have access to.…Below this is the main context bar for Google Drive.…You can click on My Drive to create new…files and folders and upload files.…If you select a file by clicking once in the main…Google Drive screen, a context menu of actions…that you can perform on that file will appear.…
- Understanding security and storage space on Google Drive
- Uploading and downloading files
- Converting files
- Sharing files with others
- Suggesting edits instead of tracking changes
- Replacing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with Google apps
- Switching from Outlook to Gmail and Google Calendar
- Running the Google Migration
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Will this course help me migrate from Office 365 to Google apps?
A: It will if you use the desktop version of Office 365. If you use the Office 365 apps online through a web browser only, this course will be helpful in terms of general concepts, but there are enough differences between the desktop and online versions of Office that many specific instructions won't apply.