Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigating the Google Drive interface, part of Migrating from Office 2010 to Google Apps.
- Now that we've signed up, and have an empty Google…Drive waiting to be migrated to,…let's go over the interface so you'll know what to expect…during the rest of this chapter.…At the top center of the Google Drive screen…is the search bar to search for all your files.…All the way to the right, is how you can access…your main Google information.…You can click the down arrow or an avatar…if you have a profile set up,…and access your Google profile and account.…You can also join a Google Plus page if you want to.…This will contain security settings and other…global Google preferences across all your products.…
You can also access all other Google products…by clicking on the thumbnail icon.…This will take you to all the other Google apps…that you have access to.…Below this is the main context bar for Google Drive.…You can click on "My Drive" to create new files and folders,…and upload files.…If you select a file by clicking once in the main…Google Drive screen,…a context menu actions that you can perform…on that file will appear.…
- Understanding security and storage space on Google Drive
- Uploading and downloading files
- Converting files
- Sharing files with others
- Suggesting edits instead of tracking changes
- Replacing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with Google apps
- Switching from Outlook to Gmail and Google Calendar
- Running the Google Migration
Skill Level Beginner
1. Considerations before Migrating
2. Starting the Migration
3. Working in Google Drive
4. Working with Google Docs
5. Converting Contacts, Calendar, and Email from Outlook
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.