Sometimes you'll find that you're part of an email thread that just starts to stray off topic and gets too long and not relevant to you anymore. You can mute that conversation so that any new emails that come in will get by past your inbox and get sent right to all mail. This video tutorial will show users how to mute a GMail conversation.
- [Voiceover] Sometimes, you'll find that you're part of…and email thread that just starts to stray off topic…and gets too long,…or not relevant to you anymore.…You can mute that conversation so that any new emails…that come in can bypass your inbox and get sent…right to All Mail.…Let's take this conversation, for example.…It's an invite to go for a walk.…Here's me posting as Leslie, saying that I can't make it.…However, the remaining two people are continuing…to hash out the details of the walk.…This keeps coming into my inbox.…
It's not relevant to me anymore because I'm not…going on this walk.…So I'm going to mute the conversation.…To do that, at the top of the screen, click More…and select Mute.…The conversation has been muted.…I'm returned to my inbox.…And now anytime a new email comes in with that conversation,…it's going to get routed directly to my All Mail folder,…which I can access by clicking More on the left-hand side…and choosing All Mail.…A really great thing that Gmail has done is made it…so that it's impossible for us to miss an important…
Note: To master the basics before you start this course, watch Gmail Essential Training first.
- Explain how to see the chats on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Relate how to undo a sent email after enabling the Undo Send option.
- List the things that can be done to a message that arrives and matches a search.
- Name the file types that are supported when archiving your data.
- Name the limit on a file attachment when sending it through a Gmail account.