Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Mute a conversation, part of Gmail Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Sometimes you'll find that you're part of an email thread…that just starts to stray off topic…and gets too long and not relevant to you any more.…You can mute that conversation…so that any new emails that come in…will bypass your inbox and get sent…right to All Mail.…To mute a conversation, place a check mark…next to it, click More from the top of the screen,…and choose Mute.…The conversation will get marked as muted…and move to All Mail.…Here's the best part, though.…If somebody sends a message directly to you…in that conversation, that muted conversation…will temporarily unmute…and the message will go to your inbox…so you won't miss anything important.…
To turn off a muted conversation…and bring it back to your display,…find your All Mail by clicking More…on the left-hand navigation bar…and clicking All Mail.…You can find the conversation in the view.…Here, I can see that it's been designated as muted.…I'll place a check mark next to it again,…click More from the top menu,…and this time, I'll select Unmute.…You can also move it back to your inbox.…
- Changing themes and inbox types
- Composing and sending messages
- Replying to email
- Inserting images and attachments
- Labeling and filtering email
- Creating filters to automatically process messages
- Adding additional email accounts to Gmail
- Creating contacts and contact groups
- Initiating text and video chats
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Accessing Gmail on a mobile device
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Google Docs and Sheets on iOS First Lookwith Nick Brazzi25m 23s Appropriate for all
1. Get Started with Gmail
Tour the Gmail interface4m 24s
2. Send, Read, and Reply to Messages
3. Organize and Search Mail
4. Manage Your Gmail Account and Settings
5. Work with Contacts
6. Use Chat
7. Google Labs and Other Add-Ons
8. Keyboard Shortcuts
9. Other Paths to Get to Gmail
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.