Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Move messages out of the inbox, part of Gmail Essential Training.
- I talked about how you visually organize mail…by marking them with labels.…Now I'm going to show you the physical portion…of organizing emails by moving them out of the Inbox…and adding a label at the same time.…You'll find that this is pretty similar…to the way a traditional e-mail program…allows you to move messages into folders.…However, Gmail does not call its structure folders.…They're always called Labels…and you're moving your e-mails out of the Inbox.…It's a different way of thinking about organizing…and finding your mail.…I'm going to click the Hangouts conversations icon…down here at the bottom…to give us a little bit more room…on this left-hand bar.…
I've already got some labels,…but let's start moving these out of the Inbox.…Here's a newsletter.…I'm going to select it,…but I'm also going to select my Skimm.…That's a newsletter as well.…This time instead of clicking the Labels,…I'm going to click the Folder icon.…I'm going to move it to Newsletters.…I get notified that two conversations…have been moved to Newsletters.…
- Changing themes and inbox types
- Composing and sending messages
- Replying to email
- Inserting images and attachments
- Labeling and filtering email
- Creating filters to automatically process messages
- Adding additional email accounts to Gmail
- Creating contacts and contact groups
- Initiating text and video chats
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Accessing Gmail on a mobile device
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Get Started with Gmail
Tour the Gmail interface4m 24s
2. Send, Read, and Reply to Messages
3. Organize and Search Mail
4. Manage Your Gmail Account and Settings
5. Work with Contacts
6. Use Chat
7. Google Labs and Other Add-Ons
8. Keyboard Shortcuts
9. Other Paths to Get to Gmail
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.