Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Migrating email if you have a free Gmail account, part of Migrating from Office 2013 to Google Apps.
- Your Outlook file currently has…Email, Calendar, and Contacts on it.…We've already imported the Calendar and Contacts.…However, the easiest way to import all your Email…over to Google is to first add your Google account…as an IMAP account to your Outlook client,…and then simply drag and drop the folders and emails…that you want to bring back up to Gmail.…Before we can add your Gmail account…to your Outlook client, temporarily,…the first thing we need to do is enable something…in your Gmail account online.…
So I'm gonna first go to my Gmail account in the browser.…Click the gear icon on the top right-hand side…of the screen and select Settings.…Change to the Forwarding and POP IMAP tab…and in the IMAP Access section,…we first have to enable it.…So move the radio button to Enable IMAP,…then click Save Changes.…That's all we need to do on the browser side of things,…so now we can go back to the Outlook client.…
Let's add our Gmail account.…Now this is temporary,…just so we can move our Email up to our Gmail account…
- Understanding security and storage space on Google Drive
- Uploading and downloading files
- Converting files
- Sharing files with others
- Suggesting edits instead of tracking changes
- Replacing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with Google apps
- Switching from Outlook to Gmail and Google Calendar
- Running the Google Migration
Skill Level Beginner
1. Considerations before Migrating
2. Starting the Migration
3. Working in Google Drive
4. Working with Google Docs
5. Converting Contacts, Calendar, and Email from Outlook
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.