Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Migrating email if you are a free Gmail user, part of Migrating from Office 2010 to Google Apps.
- If you're a free Gmail user, you can use the tool…like I showed you in the last two videos,…to import your calendar and contacts from Outlook.…In this video I'm gonna show you…how you can manually move over your mail…into your new Gmail account.…Let's move over to our Gmail account…because there's one thing that we have to do here first.…In Gmail, click the gear icon on the top right hand side…and select Settings.…Change to the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab,…and make sure that you have Enable IMAP on your account.…
If it's currently set to disable IMAP,…change it to Enable IMAP,…scroll to the bottom of the screen,…and click Save Changes.…Once that step is done, we can then go…and start the process of moving your mail.…It's actually a little bit backwards.…We're gonna go back to our Outlook client.…What we're going to do is add our brand new…Gmail account to Outlook.…We'll do that by clicking File from the top left,…click Add Account,…and now we're going to add our Gmail account.…
We'll put in our Gmail E-mail address and Password,…
- Understanding security and storage space on Google Drive
- Uploading and downloading files
- Converting files
- Sharing files with others
- Suggesting edits instead of tracking changes
- Replacing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with Google apps
- Switching from Outlook to Gmail and Google Calendar
- Running the Google Migration
Skill Level Beginner
1. Considerations before Migrating
2. Starting the Migration
3. Working in Google Drive
4. Working with Google Docs
5. Converting Contacts, Calendar, and Email from Outlook
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.