Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Learning what security Google Drive offers, part of Migrating from Office 2013 to Google Apps.
- A question you should always ask…of any cloud provider before you migrate to it is…what kind of security does it offer?…How secure will my data be?…Where's my data being stored…and who can access it?…Google is very transparent in their security measures.…They have an entire section devoted to answering…questions about your security and privacy.…If you want to find this page you can Google…"your security and privacy for Google apps."…You'll get this page and you can go through it…and read easy answers to all these questions.…
Here's the highlights.…Google has had an independent third party auditor in…to perform various industry standard audits.…Basically Google has proved that it follows…the industry standards in protecting data…and following security protocols.…Google has also proven that they store data…in a physically protected warehouse…across many geographic regions…for both redundancy and protection.…Google also allows users to enable SSL,…that is, a secure encrypted connection…across its product line,…such as Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Calendar.…
- Understanding security and storage space on Google Drive
- Uploading and downloading files
- Converting files
- Sharing files with others
- Suggesting edits instead of tracking changes
- Replacing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with Google apps
- Switching from Outlook to Gmail and Google Calendar
- Running the Google Migration
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Will this course help me migrate from Office 365 to Google apps?
A: It will if you use the desktop version of Office 365. If you use the Office 365 apps online through a web browser only, this course will be helpful in terms of general concepts, but there are enough differences between the desktop and online versions of Office that many specific instructions won't apply.