Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Learning what security Google Drive offers, part of Migrating from Office 2010 to Google Apps.
- A question you should always ask of any cloud provider…before you migrate to it is,…"What kind of security does it offer?…"How secure will my data be?…"Where is my data being stored…"and who can access it?"…Google is very transparent in their security measures.…They have an entire section devoted…to answering questions about your security and privacy.…If you want to find this page, you can Google…"Your security and privacy for Google Apps."…You'll get this page, and you can go through it…and read easy answers to all these questions.…
Here's the highlights.…Google has had an independent, third-party auditor in…to perform various industry standard audits.…Basically, Google has proved that it follows…the industry standards in protecting data…and following security protocols.…Google has also proven that they store data…in a physically protected warehouse…across many geographic regions…for both redundancy and protection.…Google also allows users to enable SSL,…that is a secure, encrypted connection…across its product line such as Gmail,…
- Understanding security and storage space on Google Drive
- Uploading and downloading files
- Converting files
- Sharing files with others
- Suggesting edits instead of tracking changes
- Replacing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with Google apps
- Switching from Outlook to Gmail and Google Calendar
- Running the Google Migration
Skill Level Beginner
1. Considerations before Migrating
2. Starting the Migration
3. Working in Google Drive
4. Working with Google Docs
5. Converting Contacts, Calendar, and Email from Outlook
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.