Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Learning more about the Google Apps suite, part of Migrating from Office 2013 to Google Apps.
- We have many, many courses…on the Google product line of apps,…done by both myself and other lynda.com authors.…You can browse all the Google training…and tutorials that we have on lynda.com itself.…You can learn Google Drive, Gmail, Google Calendar,…how to build a website with Google Sites,…how to control your phone calls…and voicemail with Google Voice.…You can even see how to send and receive email lists…through Google Groups.…You can learn how to create documents and spreadsheets…with the full courses of Google Docs and Sheets…that we have, and if you have an Android phone…to connect all your Google products on the go,…you can learn how to master the phone and tablet.…
You can also learn more about…how your global Google account works,…how to secure it, and how to connect to a mobile phone.…If you have your own business, you can even learn…about Google+ for business, and AdWords…to help you go further.…If you're migrating to a Google account,…either for work or for yourself,…take the time to learn all about the Google products…
- Understanding security and storage space on Google Drive
- Uploading and downloading files
- Converting files
- Sharing files with others
- Suggesting edits instead of tracking changes
- Replacing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with Google apps
- Switching from Outlook to Gmail and Google Calendar
- Running the Google Migration
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Will this course help me migrate from Office 365 to Google apps?
A: It will if you use the desktop version of Office 365. If you use the Office 365 apps online through a web browser only, this course will be helpful in terms of general concepts, but there are enough differences between the desktop and online versions of Office that many specific instructions won't apply.