Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing the Google Drive desktop app, part of Migrating from Office 2013 to Google Apps.
- The Google Drive desktop app makes file syncing a breeze.…The app puts a folder on your computer…that works just like any other folder on your computer,…except in the background, it keeps that folder…in sync with your Google Drive in the Cloud.…This way, you can save a file directly into the folder,…and in seconds, it will also be available…on your phone, tablet or through a web browser anywhere.…It also means that you can make a change…to that file anywhere, and that change…will be synced right back down to you computer.…
One of my favorite uses for the desktop app…is that when I initially start using Google Drive,…it allows me to very quickly put all my data…in the Cloud.…I can do a large copy and paste into the folder,…and let it very quietly sync in the background…while I continue to work.…To install the app from the Google Drive Home screen,…click the gear icon in the top right-hand side…and select Download Drive.…Click the blue Download Drive button…and select Mac and PC, if you're on a desktop.…
Click Accept and Install.…
- Understanding security and storage space on Google Drive
- Uploading and downloading files
- Converting files
- Sharing files with others
- Suggesting edits instead of tracking changes
- Replacing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with Google apps
- Switching from Outlook to Gmail and Google Calendar
- Running the Google Migration
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Will this course help me migrate from Office 365 to Google apps?
A: It will if you use the desktop version of Office 365. If you use the Office 365 apps online through a web browser only, this course will be helpful in terms of general concepts, but there are enough differences between the desktop and online versions of Office that many specific instructions won't apply.