Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing the Google Drive desktop app, part of Migrating from Office 2010 to Google Apps.
- The Google Drive desktop app makes file syncing a breeze.…The app puts a folder on your computer…that works just like any other folder on your computer,…except in the background it keeps that folder…in sync with your Google Drive in the Cloud.…This way, you can save a file directly into the folder,…and in seconds, it will also be available…on your phone, tablet, or through a web browser anywhere.…It also means that you can make…a change to that file anywhere,…and that change will be synced right back down…to your computer.…
One of my favorite uses for the desktop app…is that when I initially start using Google Drive,…it allows me to very quickly put all my data in the Cloud.…I can do a large copy and paste into that folder…and let it very quietly sync in the background…while I continue to work.…To install the app, from the Google Drive home screen,…click the gear icon in the top right hand side…and select Download Drive.…Click the blue Download Drive button…and select Mac and PC if you're on a desktop.…
Click Accept and Install.…
- Understanding security and storage space on Google Drive
- Uploading and downloading files
- Converting files
- Sharing files with others
- Suggesting edits instead of tracking changes
- Replacing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with Google apps
- Switching from Outlook to Gmail and Google Calendar
- Running the Google Migration
Skill Level Beginner
1. Considerations before Migrating
2. Starting the Migration
3. Working in Google Drive
4. Working with Google Docs
5. Converting Contacts, Calendar, and Email from Outlook
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.