Since the address book and calendar data does not synchronize between Outlook and most email accounts, you may want to manually import your current address book and calendar into Outlook. Using a Gmail account as an example, this video looks at how to properly export this data from an existing email account, then import it into Outlook.
- [Narrator] As I've mentioned before,…if you link your email account to Outlook,…in most cases, you'll find that your calendar…and address book have not synchronized…between your email account and Outlook.…You can see here that I have linked…an email account to Outlook,…I've got an email message here,…and I do have appointments in the calendar…and contacts in the address book…on this account on Gmail but here in Outlook,…if I go to the calendar here near the bottom left,…you'll see my calendar's empty of appointments.…Now if I go to the address book,…there are no contacts listed here,…even though I have that data in my email account.…
If that's the case for you,…then you will probably need to manually…import your address book and calendar into Outlook.…In this movie, we'll go through this process…using a Google account but the process…of exporting your address book and calendar data…should be similar in other accounts as well.…You might just have to do some…hunting to find the export controls.…So first what I'll need to do is go to…
This course is intended for users of Office 2016 Home & Student, or an Office 365 Home or Student subscription. This course is not intended for Office 365 Business or Enterprise users.
- Downloading files from Google Drive
- Getting familiar with the Office interface
- Collaborating and tracking changes in Word
- Using styles in Word
- Using ribbons for formulas, graphs, and more in Excel
- Creating a presentation
- Working with themes in PowerPoint
- Configuring your Outlook account
- Transferring contacts and calendars
- Using Google Drive and OneDrive for online storage