- Explain how to add a new feature or service to your mail sidebar.
- Identify a situation in which using “Smart Replies” would be appropriate.
- Recall the actions one must take to ensure that offline mode works.
- Determine if offline mode has completed synchronization.
- List the actions that must be taken after receiving a confidential message.
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Instructor] Cloud-based tools like Gmail stay modern and cutting edge by rolling out new features. Sometimes adding new tools, and sometimes changing the look and feel of the interface. Google is doing both in a significant update to Gmail in 2018. To make things easier, they are rolling out the changes during a testing period. Before that update is rolled out permanently, you have opportunity to learn and explore the new interface, security features, and email management tools to help you keep track of and follow up on email, without permanently locking yourself into the new version.
And after the update is rolled out permanently, it helps to have a resource to refer to to make sure you know how everything works. I'm Nick Brazzi, and I hope you'll take a look at my LinkedIn learning course on the new features in Gmail for 2018 to help you get a heads up on the new changes.