Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Explore Gmail settings, part of Gmail Essential Training.
- View Offline
- I've shown you a lot of settings over this course…and I'm still going to show you a lot more.…However, it's good every once in a while…to click on the gear icon on the top right hand side,…enter Settings and see if Gmail…has added anything new recently.…There's a lot of things you can configure in here.…We've gone over some of them,…such as using stars.…Maybe you decide that you need to add…a little bit more stars to your repertoire.…You can click and drag and bring them into play.…You can turn desktop notifications on or off.…Keyboard shortcuts,…and I'll be talking about that in a later video.…
You can add a signature, which I'll be showing you.…And you can decide, whether or not,…you want to show snippets.…Snippets is that first sentence of body text…that you can see in your Inbox.…If I turn off snippets and click Save Changes,…that first line goes away.…It's a personal preference, but you need to know…that you can change it if you want to.…Go through your settings.…Check them and see if there's something…that works for you just a little better.…
- Changing themes and inbox types
- Composing and sending messages
- Replying to email
- Inserting images and attachments
- Labeling and filtering email
- Creating filters to automatically process messages
- Adding additional email accounts to Gmail
- Creating contacts and contact groups
- Initiating text and video chats
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Accessing Gmail on a mobile device
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Google Docs and Sheets on iOS First Lookwith Nick Brazzi25m 23s Appropriate for all
1. Get Started with Gmail
Tour the Gmail interface4m 24s
2. Send, Read, and Reply to Messages
3. Organize and Search Mail
4. Manage Your Gmail Account and Settings
5. Work with Contacts
6. Use Chat
7. Google Labs and Other Add-Ons
8. Keyboard Shortcuts
9. Other Paths to Get to Gmail
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.