Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Explaining the benefits of migrating, part of Migrating from Office 2010 to Google Apps.
- Let's discuss the benefits of migrating your files…to Google Drive and using Google Docs.…This course assumes that you're currently using…the desktop version of Microsoft Office,…not the online Office 365 equivalent.…If you switch to a cloud environment such as Google Drive,…you'll find some great features…to help you work more efficiently,…especially with others.…These are things that you can't do…while working on an Office document on your own desktop.…For example, because your file already exists online,…you can publish that document to the web easily.…
This is great for college professors,…non-profit organizations and any group…or website that you maintain.…You can embed a document directly onto a website.…You can also collaborate in real time…with other people on a document.…If you're editing a Google Doc,…someone else who you have…given permission to access that document…can also be working on it at the same time as you.…You can see the changes that they're making…live as they happen,…and even see where their cursor is on the document.…
- Understanding security and storage space on Google Drive
- Uploading and downloading files
- Converting files
- Sharing files with others
- Suggesting edits instead of tracking changes
- Replacing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with Google apps
- Switching from Outlook to Gmail and Google Calendar
- Running the Google Migration
Skill Level Beginner
1. Considerations before Migrating
2. Starting the Migration
3. Working in Google Drive
4. Working with Google Docs
5. Converting Contacts, Calendar, and Email from Outlook
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.