Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Examining the difference in file types, part of Migrating from Office 2013 to Google Apps.
- Google Docs contains its own format of word processing,…spread sheets, and presentations.…Those files have their own file extensions…that are different than their Microsoft Office counterparts.…A Microsoft Office document that can be converted…to a Google doc will have the file extension .docx…or .doc.…A Google Doc file ends with the extension .gdoc, gdoc.…However, even if the files have the same name, you'll…be able to tell the difference by the icon…when browsing your files online.…
I'm going to switch to a list view so that you can see…the file names a little more clearly and the icons.…Here you can see a Google Doc icon, while underneath it…is a Microsoft Word icon.…Also, Google Doc files won't have a visible extension online…such as this New Hire doc.…Here you can only see that the Word document…has a visible extension.…It's got a file extension of .docx.…An Excel file has an extension .xls or .xlsx.…
That can be converted to Google Sheets.…And for Power Point presentations, files that have…the extension .ppt or .pptx can be converted…
- Understanding security and storage space on Google Drive
- Uploading and downloading files
- Converting files
- Sharing files with others
- Suggesting edits instead of tracking changes
- Replacing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with Google apps
- Switching from Outlook to Gmail and Google Calendar
- Running the Google Migration
Skill Level Beginner
1. Considerations before Migrating
2. Starting the Migration
3. Working in Google Drive
4. Working with Google Docs
5. Converting Contacts, Calendar, and Email from Outlook
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.