Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Downloading and installing the Google Apps Migration tool, part of Migrating from Office 2013 to Google Apps.
- If you're using Google Apps for Work,…your administrator most likely already has…a policy in place about migrating your Outlook data.…And they're the ones that can assist you…in downloading and using the Migration tool.…However, a standalone user can still use the tool.…There's one prerequisite to this tool.…The tool can only migrate an Outlook PST file.…That is a personal folders files…that's located on your computer.…Some Cloud services that you can connect to,…such as this Outlook.com account that I have…hooked up to my Outlook account,…cannot be migrated because it uses something…called an OST file, an offline file.…
What we do in this case is export it to a PST file…directly from Outlook.…So let's take care of that first.…I'm gonna select File in Outlook,…I'll click Open and Export, on the left-hand side,…and I'll select Import and Export.…I'm gonna choose to Export to a File.…Click Next.…And now I'm gonna choose to export to an Outlook data file.…There's that .PST file that we need.…
Click Next.…In the Select a Folder to Export From…
- Understanding security and storage space on Google Drive
- Uploading and downloading files
- Converting files
- Sharing files with others
- Suggesting edits instead of tracking changes
- Replacing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with Google apps
- Switching from Outlook to Gmail and Google Calendar
- Running the Google Migration
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Will this course help me migrate from Office 365 to Google apps?
A: It will if you use the desktop version of Office 365. If you use the Office 365 apps online through a web browser only, this course will be helpful in terms of general concepts, but there are enough differences between the desktop and online versions of Office that many specific instructions won't apply.