Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Downloading and installing the Google Apps Migration tool, part of Migrating from Office 2010 to Google Apps.
- If you are using Google Apps for work,…your administrator most likely already has…a policy in place about migrating your Outlook data.…They are the ones that can assist you…in downloading and using this tool.…However, a stand alone user still can use the tool.…There's two types of users here.…There's one user that was grandfathered…in to the free Google Apps for Work account,…and a regular Gmail user.…If you're a regular Gmail user who uses Outlook,…you can still import your calendar…and contacts using the tool.…
I'll show you in a later video…how to migrate your mail.…If you're a Google Apps for Work paid user,…you can use the tool to import your mail also.…But as you can see, we do have contacts.…We do have calendar appointments.…Let's get those into Google Apps.…I'm going to open up my browser.…A stand alone user can download the tool…by searching for Google Apps…Migration for Microsoft Outlook or by…pointing your browser to…https://…tools.google.com/dlpage…/outlookmigration…You can view the system requirements…
- Understanding security and storage space on Google Drive
- Uploading and downloading files
- Converting files
- Sharing files with others
- Suggesting edits instead of tracking changes
- Replacing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with Google apps
- Switching from Outlook to Gmail and Google Calendar
- Running the Google Migration
Skill Level Beginner
1. Considerations before Migrating
2. Starting the Migration
3. Working in Google Drive
4. Working with Google Docs
5. Converting Contacts, Calendar, and Email from Outlook
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.