Gmail makes it easy to add labels on the fly, but what happens when users need to edit, delete, show, or hide them? This video tutorial will explain how users can modify existing labels, create new ones, and even demonstrate how users can drag and drop labels directly onto email messages to categorize GMail.
- [Voiceover] Labels in Gmail are tags.…You can search labels.…And you can also show only a particular…set of labels in your view.…Labels show up on the side.…You may be a visual person and wanna see your labels…to know they exist.…You could even color-code them.…You can change that color code often,…it depends on your own system and what works for you.…You can also create nested labels…to simulate a folder structure.…And you can even drag and drop…to move messages into labels.…If you need more info on labels…or you're starting from the beginning,…I do go over them in detail on the course…Gmail Essential Training.…
Another reason you may want your labels visible…on the left is to quickly apply them to messages.…Instead of selecting a message in the view,…clicking the label icon and choosing to click…on a particular label, you can drag and drop a label…right on to a message.…You'll see that the label gets applied.…Knowing this, your filing and processing system may change.…I have labels that are a little bit all over the place.…
Note: We recommend watching Gmail Essential Training to master the basics before you start this training.
- Choosing an inbox layout
- Undoing email sends
- Muting conversations
- Showing email headers to troubleshoot issues
- Checking different email accounts with Gmail
- Using stars, labels, and filters
- Assigning delegates
- Attaching large files with Google Drive
- Working with Google Voice