Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Create tasks, part of Gmail Essential Training.
- View Offline
- In addition to Mail, Contacts, and Chat,…Gmail also offers a task manager.…To access your tasks, click the Gmail icon…on the top left-hand side of the screen and choose Tasks.…It's going to open up a small window…on the bottom right-hand side…that looks very similar to the chat window.…This is your task list.…To get started quickly, you can simply…type a task, hit enter, and type another task.…You can continue adding courses,…but you can also get into the details of a particular course…by clicking the arrow on the right-hand side.…
This brings you into the details.…You can set a due date for a particular task,…and you can also include some notes.…When you're done, click Back to list.…Here's where you can see the due date,…and you can see the notes.…You can arrange tasks in your task list.…Hover your mouse over the left side of the task.…The cursor will change to a hand,…and you can drag it up or down in the list.…You can also mark a task as complete…by placing the check mark next to it,…and you can delete in entirely…
- Changing themes and inbox types
- Composing and sending messages
- Replying to email
- Inserting images and attachments
- Labeling and filtering email
- Creating filters to automatically process messages
- Adding additional email accounts to Gmail
- Creating contacts and contact groups
- Initiating text and video chats
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Accessing Gmail on a mobile device
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Google Docs and Sheets on iOS First Lookwith Nick Brazzi25m 23s Appropriate for all
1. Get Started with Gmail
Tour the Gmail interface4m 24s
2. Send, Read, and Reply to Messages
3. Organize and Search Mail
4. Manage Your Gmail Account and Settings
5. Work with Contacts
6. Use Chat
7. Google Labs and Other Add-Ons
8. Keyboard Shortcuts
9. Other Paths to Get to Gmail
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.