The Google Apps automatically save your files when you create them and make changes. However, in Microsoft Office, you must manually save your files when you create them. And you must continue to save them when you make updates. Creating new documents and saving them is not difficult, but it's important to see the process because it does work differently from the Google Apps.
- [Instructor] In this movie I want to go through the process…of creating a new document in Word, Excel, or PowerPoint,…and I also want to talk about opening an existing file…and saving files.…So there are two main ways to create a new file.…Let's start by simply launching one of these applications.…So I'm going to go under the Start menu,…and I'll launch Microsoft Word.…And this is the welcome screen,…this is what you see when you first launch…one of these applications.…To keep things easier I'm just going to work in Word,…but of course everything that we'll see here…works the same in PowerPoint and Excel.…
So on the welcome screen, on the main part of the window…you can choose to start from a template.…On the left you have a list…of Recent files that you've opened,…and also an option down here to navigate to your hard drive,…or to your cloud storage, and open an existing file.…So this is how it looks on Windows.…If we go over to a Macintosh it looks pretty much the same.…We have templates on the main part of the window,…
This course is intended for users of Office 2016 Home & Student, or an Office 365 Home or Student subscription. This course is not intended for Office 365 Business or Enterprise users.
- Explain how to remove the Protected View status from an Excel spreadsheet converted from Google Sheets.
- Identify the specialized ribbon that is activated once you select an image in your Word document.
- Recall how to accept or reject changes made through the Track Changes tool on a Word document.
- Name the ribbon you will select to add graphs to an Excel worksheet and the ribbon you will select to view formulas and function commands.
- Explain how to apply animation to an image in an Excel slide.
- Identify the application tool you should download to sync your address book and calendars from your enterprise-level Google account to Outlook.