In this video, you will create a new PowerPoint presentation, using themes. But, you will start with a presentation that was created in Google Slides, which will help you to understand how themes work.
- [Instructor] In this movie, I want to look at…the steps involved in creating…a new PowerPoint presentation.…This helps us to understand the interface,…but to also recognize how PowerPoint differs…from Google Slides.…But first, I want to start by briefly taking a look…at a presentation that I built in Google Slides,…then downloaded and converted for PowerPoint.…The conversion here is pretty seamless,…and I have my presentation here…just the way it looked on Google Slides.…Up in the home ribbon, we have some standard tools.…But what I really want to look at…is this button labeled New Slide.…
I'm going to click on the little arrow…at the bottom of this button…to open up this menu.…And this is where you would go to add a new slide…to an existing slide deck.…From here, I can choose from several slide designs,…which have been defined by the theme…used for this presentation.…And I show you this because I want you to think…about the theme that was used…when I created this document.…This presentation was built with a custom theme…
This course is intended for users of Office 2016 Home & Student, or an Office 365 Home or Student subscription. This course is not intended for Office 365 Business or Enterprise users.
- Downloading files from Google Drive
- Getting familiar with the Office interface
- Collaborating and tracking changes in Word
- Using styles in Word
- Using ribbons for formulas, graphs, and more in Excel
- Creating a presentation
- Working with themes in PowerPoint
- Configuring your Outlook account
- Transferring contacts and calendars
- Using Google Drive and OneDrive for online storage