In this video, staff author Jess Stratton shows users how to create a standard signature file for all outgoing email and replies, and how to edit or turn it off later.
- [Instructor] A mail signature is a block of text…that automatically gets appended…to the bottom of every email you send out…so that you don't have to type…the same information every time.…Typically a signature contains your contact information,…though it certainly can contain…anything else that you want it to.…To create a signature file,…click the gear on the top right-hand side…and go into Settings.…Scroll down to the section marked Signature.…I'll click to enable the signature,…put the cursor in the body field,…and start typing.…
From here, just like an email,…I can format the text,…I can make it bold faced,…I can make certain text bigger or smaller,…and I can change the color of certain things.…Finally, I can decide whether or not…I want to insert the signature…before forwarded text and replies.…When I'm happy with the way it looks,…scroll all the way to the bottom…and click Save Changes.…Now I'll click the Compose button…and let's see how it looks.…
That looks good.…But at any time if you want to make changes…to your signature file or delete it,…
- Changing themes and inbox types
- Composing and sending messages
- Replying to email
- Inserting images and attachments
- Labeling and filtering email
- Searching for mail
- Adding additional email accounts to Gmail
- Creating contacts and contact groups
- Initiating text and video chats
- Creating autoresponders
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Accessing Gmail on a mobile device
Skill Level Beginner
Google Sheets Essential Trainingwith Sally Norred3h 4m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started with Gmail
2. Send, Read, and Reply to Messages
3. Organize and Search Mail
4. Manage Your Gmail Account and Settings
Explore Gmail settings1m 38s
5. Use Chat
6. Other Gmail Features
7. Keyboard Shortcuts
8. Other Paths to Get to Gmail
Use Gmail offline on Chrome1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.