Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Create and edit contacts, part of Gmail Essential Training.
- You have a few options for adding Contacts.…The first two methods involve first being in your Contacts,…and we get there by clicking the Gmail icon…on the left-hand side of your screen and selecting Contacts.…It's going to open up a new browser tab.…The first thing you can do is put one of your…Frequently contacted people into your Contact list.…Frequently contacted people is considered a holding area.…It's people that you contact frequently,…and Gmail has automatically populated this area for you.…
If I hover my mouse over the user,…I can click Add to contacts.…Cecilia has now been added into my Contact list.…The second way to add a contact is to…click the person icon with the plus sign…in the bottom right-hand side of the window.…I'll click Add new contact and…the first thing I need to do is enter my contact's name.…I'll click the blue Create button,…and here's where I can populate as much…or as little as I'd like to about this contact.…
In this case, I'll just put an Email address in.…I'll click the blue Save button,…
- Changing themes and inbox types
- Composing and sending messages
- Replying to email
- Inserting images and attachments
- Labeling and filtering email
- Creating filters to automatically process messages
- Adding additional email accounts to Gmail
- Creating contacts and contact groups
- Initiating text and video chats
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Accessing Gmail on a mobile device
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 07/30/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover the changes to Gmail introduced in summer 2018. Learn about newer features in Gmail, including how to work with Gmail offline, use Smart Reply suggestions, and secure messages with Confidential mode.
1. Get Started with Gmail
Tour the Gmail interface4m 24s
2. Newer Features in Gmail
3. Send, Read, and Reply to Messages
4. Organize and Search Mail
5. Manage Your Gmail Account and Settings
6. Work with Contacts
7. Use Chat
8. Google Labs and Other Add-Ons
9. Keyboard Shortcuts
10. Other Paths to Get to Gmail
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.