Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Converting your files to Google Doc format, part of Migrating from Office 2010 to Google Apps.
- It's easy to convert files to Google Docs format.…In a previous video, I talked about…the benefits of using Google Docs.…You'll get fantastic collaboration tools,…as well as the ability to work on your Docs anywhere.…In fact, when you convert a file to Google Doc format,…your original file will remain intact in your drive still.…It's up to you to decide to keep it…once it's been converted, or delete it.…Remember, Google Docs don't count against…your storage limit in your Google Drive.…
Let's convert this No Obstacles GREEN Newsletter.…It's already synched up to Google Drive.…Here's what it looks like in Microsoft Word 2010.…It's six pages long, and I can scroll through it,…and see my images and see my text.…Let's close out of it now, and go to Google Drive.…Here's Google Drive and here's my Word document…of the No Obstacles GREEN Newsletter.…To convert a file, on either the desktop version…on your computer, or the browser version,…right-click the file and select Open with.…
If you choose Google Docs, your file will be copied…
- Understanding security and storage space on Google Drive
- Uploading and downloading files
- Converting files
- Sharing files with others
- Suggesting edits instead of tracking changes
- Replacing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with Google apps
- Switching from Outlook to Gmail and Google Calendar
- Running the Google Migration
Skill Level Beginner
1. Considerations before Migrating
2. Starting the Migration
3. Working in Google Drive
4. Working with Google Docs
5. Converting Contacts, Calendar, and Email from Outlook
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.