Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Compose and draft a message, part of Gmail Essential Training.
- View Offline
- To create a new message click the red Compose button…in the top left-hand side in the main Gmail screen.…The New Message dialogue will appear on the right-hand side.…If you'd prefer to have it in the middle of the screen,…in the top right-hand side click the full screen button.…It's going to open it up in a larger window.…To put it back to where it was,…click the arrows again in the top right-hand side.…Let's start out by addressing our email.…In the To field, you can type out the name…or the email address of the recipient.…
To add additional recipients, enter a comma…and type the next person.…To remove somebody from that email, click the X.…You can also add a Cc, that is a carbon copy recipient,…and a Bcc meaning a blind carbon copy recipient.…The person who is in the Bcc field…will get a copy of the email,…but none of the other recipients will know…that this person is getting a copy of that email.…I can type in the subject of my email.…
And then let's click the cursor into the body of the email.…I'm going to paste in some content…
- Changing themes and inbox types
- Composing and sending messages
- Replying to email
- Inserting images and attachments
- Labeling and filtering email
- Creating filters to automatically process messages
- Adding additional email accounts to Gmail
- Creating contacts and contact groups
- Initiating text and video chats
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Accessing Gmail on a mobile device
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Google Docs and Sheets on iOS First Lookwith Nick Brazzi25m 23s Appropriate for all
1. Get Started with Gmail
Tour the Gmail interface4m 24s
2. Send, Read, and Reply to Messages
3. Organize and Search Mail
4. Manage Your Gmail Account and Settings
5. Work with Contacts
6. Use Chat
7. Google Labs and Other Add-Ons
8. Keyboard Shortcuts
9. Other Paths to Get to Gmail
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.