The default GMail inbox type is set to a tabbed interface of promotions, social networking status updates, and a priority inbox of your most important contacts. This video tutorial will teach the user how to change the inbox type as well as customizing it. The Inbox type can be set to prioritizing important mail over everything else, as well as showing starred mail at the top.
- [Voiceover] Over the years Google has changed the default…Gmail inbox type.…So depending on when you first created your account,…your inbox may look a little bit different than…somebody else's if you haven't changed it yet.…In recent times this is the default inbox type.…It sorts your primary mail, that is mail that doesn't…fit into any other tab, your social emails,…that is any email that corresponds to a social network,…and finally a promotions tab, this is any newsletters…or mail from companies.…
You can also add tabs by clicking the plus sign.…From here you can add tabs like updates…which is autogenerated updates as Google says…including confirmations, bills,…statements from your bank, and so on.…Finally you can also add a tab…if you get messages from online forums…such as Google groups, or mailing lists,…or a university discussion group.…You can add these tabs by placing checkbox next to them…and then selecting save.…The tab will appear, and if you have any email…that fits these criteria, they'll get populated…
Note: To master the basics before you start this course, watch Gmail Essential Training first.
- Explain how to see the chats on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Relate how to undo a sent email after enabling the Undo Send option.
- List the things that can be done to a message that arrives and matches a search.
- Name the file types that are supported when archiving your data.
- Name the limit on a file attachment when sending it through a Gmail account.