Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Change themes and inbox types, part of Gmail Essential Training.
- There is some customization you can do…to make Gmail look and function exactly…how it's best for you.…I'll show you how to change the theme…in the way the inbox is presented to you.…It's called inbox types.…But let's start by changing the density…of the view in the theme.…I'll click the gear icon on the right-hand side…and let's change this density,…which is useful if you're working on different size screens.…It defaults to Comfortable, but I can change it to Cosy,…and you watch as the text gets squished up together.…If I change it to Compact,…it gets squished up even more.…
I'll change it back to the default of Comfortable,…and now let's change the theme.…I'll click the gear icon again,…and this time I'll select Themes.…You're brought to a screen…where you can see beautiful pictures.…If I scroll down I can also click More Images…and view hundreds more,…and I can even upload my own picture…to use as a background.…I found the one that I like, so I'll click on it once,…and instantly my background will change.…I'll move this dialogue box out of the way a little bit,…
- Changing themes and inbox types
- Composing and sending messages
- Replying to email
- Inserting images and attachments
- Labeling and filtering email
- Creating filters to automatically process messages
- Adding additional email accounts to Gmail
- Creating contacts and contact groups
- Initiating text and video chats
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Accessing Gmail on a mobile device
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Get Started with Gmail
Tour the Gmail interface4m 24s
2. Send, Read, and Reply to Messages
3. Organize and Search Mail
4. Manage Your Gmail Account and Settings
5. Work with Contacts
6. Use Chat
7. Google Labs and Other Add-Ons
8. Keyboard Shortcuts
9. Other Paths to Get to Gmail
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.