Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Backing up your data before migrating, part of Migrating from Office 2013 to Google Apps.
- Before uploading my files to Google Drive…and installing the desktop app…to sync my files back to my computer again,…I do wanna make sure I have a good solid backup first.…In the last video, I showed you…how to identify how much data you want to migrate.…Knowing that number, how many megabytes or gigabytes…of data you have, will help you identify the best way…to back it up locally first.…Hopefully you're already doing that,…but if not, it's never too late to start.…If your computer or laptop has an SD slot in it,…you can buy up to a 32 gigabyte…SD flash card to backup your data onto.…
You can purchase those at a camera store,…department store, or online store like Amazon.com.…You can also use a USB thumb drive stick.…If you have much more than that to backup,…you can by an external hard drive.…It connects to your computer or laptop via USB,…and you can access it in a similar way…you'd access an SD card or flash drive.…It becomes an additional drive…while browsing the file system.…Here's an external drive I have.…
- Understanding security and storage space on Google Drive
- Uploading and downloading files
- Converting files
- Sharing files with others
- Suggesting edits instead of tracking changes
- Replacing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with Google apps
- Switching from Outlook to Gmail and Google Calendar
- Running the Google Migration
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Will this course help me migrate from Office 365 to Google apps?
A: It will if you use the desktop version of Office 365. If you use the Office 365 apps online through a web browser only, this course will be helpful in terms of general concepts, but there are enough differences between the desktop and online versions of Office that many specific instructions won't apply.
1. Considerations before Migrating
2. Starting the Migration
3. Working in Google Drive
4. Working with Google Docs
5. Converting Contacts, Calendar, and Email from Outlook
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.