The automatic configuration feature for Outlook email account linking does not work for all types of email accounts. This video goes through the process of manually inputting the information to link an email account. You will also learn how you can find the configuration information for your account.
- [Instructor] In an earlier movie,…we saw how to leverage Outlook's automatic account…setup feature to quickly link an e-mail account.…Unfortunately, not all users can take advantage…of the automatic setup.…If the automatic setup did not work for you,…we should talk about how to work with the manual setup.…Now first I need an account that will not work…with the automatic setup.…And that's why I'm here on the Gmail webpage.…I have two Gmail accounts that I'm using for this course.…One is the free Gmail account…that I used in the movie on automatic configuration,…and that looks like this.…
It ends in @gmail.com.…This is a typical, free Gmail account,…and like most common e-mail services,…that account works just fine with the automatic setup.…So I need a different account.…Now I also have this enterprise level Google account,…and that e-mail address looks like this.…It does not end in @gmail.com.…So I'm going to sign into this account, I'll hit next,…put in my password, and hit sign in.…And this looks the same as a free Google account,…
This course is intended for users of Office 2016 Home & Student, or an Office 365 Home or Student subscription. This course is not intended for Office 365 Business or Enterprise users.
- Downloading files from Google Drive
- Getting familiar with the Office interface
- Collaborating and tracking changes in Word
- Using styles in Word
- Using ribbons for formulas, graphs, and more in Excel
- Creating a presentation
- Working with themes in PowerPoint
- Configuring your Outlook account
- Transferring contacts and calendars
- Using Google Drive and OneDrive for online storage