The automatic configuration feature for Outlook email account linking does not work for all types of email accounts. This video goes through the process of manually inputting the information to link an email account. You will also learn how you can find the configuration information for your account.
- [Instructor] In an earlier movie,…we saw how to leverage Outlook's automatic account…setup feature to quickly link an e-mail account.…Unfortunately, not all users can take advantage…of the automatic setup.…If the automatic setup did not work for you,…we should talk about how to work with the manual setup.…Now first I need an account that will not work…with the automatic setup.…And that's why I'm here on the Gmail webpage.…I have two Gmail accounts that I'm using for this course.…One is the free Gmail account…that I used in the movie on automatic configuration,…and that looks like this.…
It ends in @gmail.com.…This is a typical, free Gmail account,…and like most common e-mail services,…that account works just fine with the automatic setup.…So I need a different account.…Now I also have this enterprise level Google account,…and that e-mail address looks like this.…It does not end in @gmail.com.…So I'm going to sign into this account, I'll hit next,…put in my password, and hit sign in.…And this looks the same as a free Google account,…
This course is intended for users of Office 2016 Home & Student, or an Office 365 Home or Student subscription. This course is not intended for Office 365 Business or Enterprise users.
- Explain how to remove the Protected View status from an Excel spreadsheet converted from Google Sheets.
- Identify the specialized ribbon that is activated once you select an image in your Word document.
- Recall how to accept or reject changes made through the Track Changes tool on a Word document.
- Name the ribbon you will select to add graphs to an Excel worksheet and the ribbon you will select to view formulas and function commands.
- Explain how to apply animation to an image in an Excel slide.
- Identify the application tool you should download to sync your address book and calendars from your enterprise-level Google account to Outlook.