Most email accounts will not synchronize address book and calendar data with Outlook. However, if you use an enterprise-level google email account and if you use Outlook on Windows, there is a utility you can use to link your email account to outlook and also synchronize your address book and calendar as well. This utility is called Google Apps Sync.
- [Instructor] Earlier in this chapter,…we saw how to link an email account to Outlook.…But even using Outlook's built-in tools,…with most accounts, your address book and calendars…will not synchronize.…However, if you are using…an enterprise level Google account,…and if you're using Outlook for Windows,…then there's a tool that you can use…to set up your email in Outlook…and also synchronize your address book and calendars…at the same time.…This tool does not work with a free Google account.…It only works with an account administered by…an enterprise, government, or educational institution.…
So the tool is called…Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook.…And if you go to this webpage,…there's a button to download it.…I've already downloaded it, it's in my Downloads folder…but before I install it and set it up,…I want to look at where we're starting in Outlook.…Now in Outlook on my computer,…I already have an email account linked.…I've also gone through and I manually put…some address book contacts…and some appointments in the calendar.…
This course is intended for users of Office 2016 Home & Student, or an Office 365 Home or Student subscription. This course is not intended for Office 365 Business or Enterprise users.
- Downloading files from Google Drive
- Getting familiar with the Office interface
- Collaborating and tracking changes in Word
- Using styles in Word
- Using ribbons for formulas, graphs, and more in Excel
- Creating a presentation
- Working with themes in PowerPoint
- Configuring your Outlook account
- Transferring contacts and calendars
- Using Google Drive and OneDrive for online storage