In order to send and receive email in Outlook, it's necessary to link an email account. You will need to have an existing email address. Fortunately, you can use Outlook's automatic configuration tool to link your email account to Outlook by providing the address and password for that account. This video explores that process using a standard gmail account as the example.
- [Narrator] In order to use Outlook to send and receive…email, you must have an existing email account,…and link that account to Outlook.…So I'm signed into my Gmail account here on the web.…If you have a popular email account from a service…like Gmail, Yahoo, or Hotmail, and you would prefer…to use Outlook to send and receive mail…instead of signing into your account on the webpage,…you can link your account to Outlook.…For many users, this process is fairly easy…because Outlook has an automatic account setup tool.…But there are a few important details…that you should be aware of.…
First, the automatic setup does not work for all accounts.…If this does not work for you, don't be discouraged.…Just move on to one of the other account setup movies…in this chapter.…And second, Outlook is able to send and receive email…with most email accounts, but unfortunately,…Outlook does not support calendar and address book syncing…with most accounts.…Only Exchange accounts and Outlook.com accounts…can support address book and calendar syncing with Outlook.…
This course is intended for users of Office 2016 Home & Student, or an Office 365 Home or Student subscription. This course is not intended for Office 365 Business or Enterprise users.
- Explain how to remove the Protected View status from an Excel spreadsheet converted from Google Sheets.
- Identify the specialized ribbon that is activated once you select an image in your Word document.
- Recall how to accept or reject changes made through the Track Changes tool on a Word document.
- Name the ribbon you will select to add graphs to an Excel worksheet and the ribbon you will select to view formulas and function commands.
- Explain how to apply animation to an image in an Excel slide.
- Identify the application tool you should download to sync your address book and calendars from your enterprise-level Google account to Outlook.