In this video, staff author Jess Stratton shows users how to access Gmail on a mobile device, both using the native mail app and the special Gmail app that looks consistently like the web version.
- [Instructor] You can access your Gmail via mobile device.…I'm on an iPad right now.…To access your mail, you have two options.…You can use it natively in Settings…and you can also use the Gmail app.…We'll do both.…I'll start by tapping Settings on the iPad.…Scroll down and tap Accounts and Passwords on the left…and then Add Account.…From here, tap Google.…Start by putting in your Gmail email address.…Tap Next…and then put in your password.…
Tap Next again…and you can decide what aspects of your Google Account…you wish to add to your mobile device.…For example, if you also use Google Calendar,…you can leave this toggled on.…I'll tap Save…and my account has been added…and now I can use everything natively in the iPad…such as the Calendar app and the built-in Mail app.…Here's my Gmail account.…It doesn't take long for all the mail to be downloaded…directly to my mobile device.…
Here I can see everything that we just saw…on the web version of Gmail.…In addition to the native app,…we can also use the Gmail app.…This can be downloaded from the Google Play Store…
- Changing themes and inbox types
- Composing and sending messages
- Replying to email
- Inserting images and attachments
- Labeling and filtering email
- Searching for mail
- Adding additional email accounts to Gmail
- Creating contacts and contact groups
- Initiating text and video chats
- Creating autoresponders
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Accessing Gmail on a mobile device
Skill Level Beginner
Google Sheets Essential Trainingwith Sally Norred3h 4m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started with Gmail
2. Send, Read, and Reply to Messages
3. Organize and Search Mail
4. Manage Your Gmail Account and Settings
Explore Gmail settings1m 38s
5. Use Chat
6. Other Gmail Features
7. Keyboard Shortcuts
8. Other Paths to Get to Gmail
Use Gmail offline on Chrome1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.