Glyphs can export to many different font file types. This section will discuss the two most popular, TrueType and OpenType, as well as Webfont formats.
- [Instructor] There are lots of little factors to influence…your choice of a font format when you export from Glyphs,…but I'll do my best to keep it really simple.…Export OpenType fonts.…The first thing you're gonna want to do…is update any OpenType features.…So I'll hit Command + i to bring up font info.…I'll click on the Features tab, and then I'll click Update.…And you can close that.…And the next thing you're gonna want to do…is hit Command + e for export.…We'll click Remove Overlap,…unclick Autohint and Save as TTF,…click the Export Destination,…and let's change the Export Destination to our Fonts folder.…
So click on it, and if you don't know…where your Fonts folder is at, then just type Fonts up here.…There it is. Click Open.…And then click Next, and that's it.…Glyphs will export your font as a .otf file…and you can begin working with it immediately.…So let's go to InDesign and put it to work.…So here I have a new InDesign file with some type set in it.…And I'll select the type,…and go over here to the Fonts menu, and scroll down.…
- Measuring type
- Classifying type
- Using the Glyphs app tools, windows, layers, palettes, and menus
- Working with Glyphs app scripts
- Drawing letterforms and characters
- Using filters
- Creating punctuation and reference marks
- Deploying OpenType ligatures and stylistic sets
- Fitting and kerning
- Exporting and testing fonts
- Setting up masters and instances for a font family
Skill Level Beginner
Allan Haley on the Evolution of Typeface Designwith Kristin Ellison1h 38m Appropriate for all
Creative Inspirations: Doyald Young, Logotype Designerwith Doyald Young1h 41m Appropriate for all
The Creative Spark: Title Case, Typographic Artisanswith Jessica Hische28m 31s Appropriate for all
1. An Introduction to Type Design
2. The Glyphs Workspace
3. Drawing Glyphs
4. Completing a Basic Glyphs Set
5. OpenType Features
6. Fitting and Kerning
7. Exporting and Testing
Font file types3m 56s
8. Multiple Masters
Next steps2m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.