Learn how to use GitLab to develop software. Discover how to set up a GitLab project, edit files, and leverage key features to collaborate more effectively.
- [Josh Samuelson] GitLab is a powerful web based tool for writing code collaboratively. It lets you easily work together with teammates on complex technical projects without getting bogged down in keeping track of multiple copies of the same files. We're going to work our way through the basic features of GitLab by writing code in a simple and intuitive document creation language called Markdown. We'll learn how to set up a project, edit files, and collaborate with teammates. Hi, my name is Josh Samuelson and I'm a senior software engineer at Dropbox. I've been working with software development for over 15 years and I find GitLab to be one of the best integrated tools I've ever used. If you've never used GitLab before and are ready to learn then this is the course for you. Let's jump right in.
- Managing files with version control
- The basics of Markdown
- Creating a GitLab project
- Using the GitLab editor
- Staging and committing in the web IDE
- Tags, releases, and history
- Using the collaboration features in GitLab