Learn how to install and use GitLab, a popular open-source alternative to tools like GitHub and Bitbucket, for version control and CI/CD.
- [Josh] Getting started in DevOps shouldn't require you to master and then integrate 10 different tools. GitLab is a powerful integrated solution that lets you focus on the software you're developing, not on the tool chain. Hi, my name is Josh Samuelson. I'm a senior software engineer at Dropbox. I've been working in operations for over 15 years and I've always been frustrated at the lack of integrated tools. Introducing DevOps practices always required a lot of fiddling work, getting all the pieces to talk to each other. We'll, be learning how to set up and configure GitLab and the basic flow of how to use it for code management collaboration and CICD. This course has a lot of hands-on exercises so I hope your ready to jump right in and start using GitLab.
- Navigating the GitLab interface
- Using GitLab for collaboration
- Merging requests
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Creating and running a pipeline
- Deploying a project using GitLab