Now that you have all of the background knowledge, learn how to use this supercharged workflow.
- So, how does this all fit back into the GitHub Flow? … lets go through it again, but this time, … lets super charge it with these additions. … to this Master branch, … again, being that mainline production branch. … we can then create a branch off of Master, … just like before. … So we can work on our new changes in a parallel environment … without affecting this Master branch. … We are then free to create our changes … and require certain CI status checks, to succeed, … However, in order to see these CI status checks, … on GitHub as early as possible in the process, … If you wait to the end before sending your changes … to GitHub, and then opening up your pull request, … you won't see the CI statuses until the end, … and you may need to redo work that could have been avoided. … Once we have our pull request opened, … and our CI statuses in place, … discussion and review of our changes, … Again, all of these commits will continue … to report back a status check. … At this point, we can add another branch protection …
- Designing your delivery pipeline
- Enabling continuous integration (CI)
- Adding automated builds
- Making changes based on code reviews
- Adding unit testing
- Adding continuous delivery to your CI pipeline
- Examining commit relationships in Git
- Working with branches in Git
- Reverting changes
- Troubleshooting in Git
- Resolving merge conflicts
- Fine-tuning the GitHub flow
- Adopting an inner-source culture
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
Using lab.github.com2m 13s
1. The Modern Development Pipeline with GitHub
2. The Super Charged GitHub Flow in Action
3. Understanding How Git Works
4. Get Out of Anything with Git
5. Resolving Merge Conflicts
6. Customizing Your Workflows
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.