In this video, learn about the Jekyll configuration file and how it's used to customize your Jekyll site. Nate demonstrates how to update a few important properties.
- [Instructor] Every jekyll project…contains a configuration file called…_config.yml…If you've installed a theme,…you already know that one of the steps…is to edit config.yml…and change that theme property.…There's a few other properties…you want to change here as well.…You can change the title of your site,…I'll say an awesome static site,…I'll add my email address here…and I'll add a description as well,…I'll say,…this is an example of a great static site…built in jekyll.…
Later on, when you get ready to publish…the site and you have your own domain name,…you want to put that here,…in the Url property.…You might say…https://www.awesomestaticsites.com…I'll update the twitter username to mine…and my github username as well.…If you have a more complex theme installed,…it may add more properties to this configuration file.…When you make changes to the contents of your site…while the previous server is running,…you can refresh your browser…to see those changes immediately.…
However, it's important to know…that if you make changes to config.yml,…
- Advantages of static sites
- Installing Jekyll and Git
- Creating a new Jekyll site
- Installing themes
- Adding posts, pages, and static content
- Setting up for deployment with GitHub, Travis CI, Node, and npm
- Deploying to FTP, AWS, and Netlify
- Adding a custom, secure domain
Skill Level Beginner
AWS: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich4h 25m Intermediate
1. How Static Sites Work
2. Set Up Jekyll
3. Build a Website
4. Prepare for Publishing
5. Deploy via FTP
6. Deploy to AWS
7. Deploy with Netifly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.