Remote tracking branches serve a variety of roles in your repository. In this video, learn how to use them to maximize your Git happiness.
- [Instructor] Let's go ahead and dive … into this refs folder. … We can do that by typing cd refs and then at this point … we can go ahead and type ls. … Now remember, ls is giving us a list of all of the files … and folders inside of this specific directory … and the refs, as was just previously mentioned … is a reference pointer to all of these branches … inside of this project. … Now notice we have a couple things listed … we have heads, remotes and tags. … Heads is currently the pointers to all of our local branches … and remotes are pointers to all of our remote branches. … Now we have remote branches, we have these local branches … where head is, what exactly is the difference? … So let's go ahead and cd ../.. … This is going to take us back two directories … all the way to our GitHub dash games. … You can go ahead and run enter. … At this point let's run a command … to see these different branches. … We can run git branch and then space --all … now this --all is an option to our branch command. …
- Designing your delivery pipeline
- Enabling continuous integration (CI)
- Adding automated builds
- Making changes based on code reviews
- Adding unit testing
- Adding continuous delivery to your CI pipeline
- Examining commit relationships in Git
- Working with branches in Git
- Reverting changes
- Troubleshooting in Git
- Resolving merge conflicts
- Fine-tuning the GitHub flow
- Adopting an inner-source culture
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
Using lab.github.com2m 13s
1. The Modern Development Pipeline with GitHub
2. The Super Charged GitHub Flow in Action
3. Understanding How Git Works
4. Get Out of Anything with Git
5. Resolving Merge Conflicts
6. Customizing Your Workflows
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.