In this video, Nate explains the benefits of Hugo and why it's a great static site generator tool for all kinds of web projects.
- [Instructor] I'm a big fan of Hugo…for a couple of reasons.…First it's really light weight and it's easy to install.…On Windows it's just a single exe file to download…and on Mac you can install it via Homebrew.…Hugo is also super fast.…Even for large sites with hundreds…or even thousands of pages,…Hugo can rebuild the site in less then a second.…It's usually so fast that you don't even have time…to reach for the mouse before it's ready to go.…Like many other static site generators…Hugo has pre-built visual themes,…support for the markdown language,…and advanced customization features.…
All right now that we've covered the advantages…of static sites and we've picked Hugo as our tool of choice…let's start building a website.…
- Advantages of static sites
- Installing Hugo and Git
- Creating a new Hugo site
- Building a new website
- Adding posts, pages, and static content
- Publishing your static site
- Deploying via FTP, AWS, and Netlify
Skill Level Beginner
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. How Static Sites Work
2. Set Up Hugo
3. Build a Website
4. Prepare for Publishing
5. Deploy via FTP
6. Deploy to AWS
7. Deploy with Netlify
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.