HEAD is another important concept in Git that is often misunderstood. In this video, learn what HEAD is and how it is used by Git.
- Now you've probably noticed by going through here … that there's also this green box, with HEAD … in the middle of it. … And if you've been noticing really carefully … you've noticed that its been moving around … as we made some of these changes. … Now I purposely didn't talk about it … because I want to talk about it after we made some branches. … But now, let's run clear which is actually going to reset … everything we see here in this visualizing tool … and do the exact same commands … but this time pay attention to what HEAD is doing. … So running clear at the bottom-left hand side … is going to ask us if we want to refresh … this visualizing tool. … We're going to go ahead and say "OK." … And this is going to bring us back to that initial commit … on master, and notice that HEAD … is directly underneath master. … So let's do the exact same steps we did previously. … We first added some commits, so let's add a few of these. … And notice just like we did before … our master branch is progressing …
- Designing your delivery pipeline
- Enabling continuous integration (CI)
- Adding automated builds
- Making changes based on code reviews
- Adding unit testing
- Adding continuous delivery to your CI pipeline
- Examining commit relationships in Git
- Working with branches in Git
- Reverting changes
- Troubleshooting in Git
- Resolving merge conflicts
- Fine-tuning the GitHub flow
- Adopting an inner-source culture
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
Using lab.github.com2m 13s
1. The Modern Development Pipeline with GitHub
2. The Super Charged GitHub Flow in Action
3. Understanding How Git Works
4. Get Out of Anything with Git
5. Resolving Merge Conflicts
6. Customizing Your Workflows
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.