Git stores information about your repository in a hidden directory called .git. Look under the hood and learn what it contains in this video.
- [Instructor] Navigating back to our command line, … let's make sure that we're still … at our github-games git repository. … Now, we can always type pwd, … which stands for print working directory. … Now this is a very helpful command … that we can use on the command line that shows us … exactly where we currently are in our file path. … And as you can see, … we are at /github-games, … which is exactly where we want to be. … Now at this point, … we have talked a lot about the inner workings of git, … especially when it comes to commits and branches. … But where does exactly git store all of this data? … Well, git stores this in what's called the .git directory. … If we type ls this is going to show us a list … of our files and folders inside of our git repository, … but you'll probably notice there is no .git directory. … That is because it's what called the hidden directory. … We can type ls -al, … which is a command that shows us a list … of all of our files, … even the hidden files inside of our git repository. …
- Designing your delivery pipeline
- Enabling continuous integration (CI)
- Adding automated builds
- Making changes based on code reviews
- Adding unit testing
- Adding continuous delivery to your CI pipeline
- Examining commit relationships in Git
- Working with branches in Git
- Reverting changes
- Troubleshooting in Git
- Resolving merge conflicts
- Fine-tuning the GitHub flow
- Adopting an inner-source culture
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
Using lab.github.com2m 13s
1. The Modern Development Pipeline with GitHub
2. The Super Charged GitHub Flow in Action
3. Understanding How Git Works
4. Get Out of Anything with Git
5. Resolving Merge Conflicts
6. Customizing Your Workflows
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.