Join Aaron Stewart for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of GitHub Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Before starting this course, it's important that you have a basic understanding with working on the command line, where to find it, knowing how to change directories, listing files and folders, and setting Git configurations, such as your username and email identification for making those Git commits. It's also important that you have a basic understanding on how Git version controls your project, knowing how file changes move from the working directory to the staging area and then committed to your project is something this course assumes you have a working knowledge of. You'll also need a basic understanding with working on GitHub, being familiar with branching, issues, poll requests, commits and merging are all important that you, at least, know how those items work together. If you need a refresher, a great course titled "Learning GitHub" in LinkedIn Learning's library covers this topic from the beginning and how everything works together. It's a great course.
- Designing your delivery pipeline
- Enabling continuous integration (CI)
- Adding automated builds
- Making changes based on code reviews
- Adding unit testing
- Adding continuous delivery to your CI pipeline
- Examining commit relationships in Git
- Working with branches in Git
- Reverting changes
- Troubleshooting in Git
- Resolving merge conflicts
- Fine-tuning the GitHub flow
- Adopting an inner-source culture
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
Using lab.github.com2m 13s
1. The Modern Development Pipeline with GitHub
2. The Super Charged GitHub Flow in Action
3. Understanding How Git Works
4. Get Out of Anything with Git
5. Resolving Merge Conflicts
6. Customizing Your Workflows
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.